Research Post

I am writing about Anti-Semitism throughout history. Antisemitism is the prejudice against Jewish people. I wanted to do this topic because I was always confused when learning about WWII because I never understood what made the Nazis chose the Jews to use as a scapegoat. Now, learning about the history behind this, I learned that this was very common in the Middle Ages, to blame problems on Jewish people.

In the middle ages, the Christians were the primary persecuters of the Jews. The reason for this is the Christian's belief that all of the Jews were responsible for Jesus's death, when in fact, it was only a small group of people. Throughout the middle ages, instances of Jewish persecution would come up, like during the Crusades and the Black Death. Europeans would also blame economic problems on the Jews because of their practice of money lending which Christians frowned upon. I think this topic is very interesting because the Nazis revived similar reasons of persecution during the Middle Ages, and used them during the Holocaust.

Comments

Popular Posts