Write About A Book That Changed Your Life

When I was in lower school, I hated to read. My parents would have to force me to read my books for school. So, one summer, in an effort to get me to start reading, my parents promised me fifty dollars if I read ten books over the summer. As a fourth-grader, I thought fifty dollars was the best thing ever. So, I go to Barnes and Noble to pick out some books, and I see a book that I'd always heard was excellent, but the size of it always intimidated me. So I asked my mom "if the book was a lot of pages, can it count for two books?" Happy with my ambition, she agrees, and I grab Harry Potter and go to check out.

That summer, I read the entire series and absolutely loved it. That was the first book I thoroughly enjoyed, and after that, I started to really appreciate reading. My whole fourth-grade year was filled with trips to the library and staying up past my bedtime to finish chapters. From that point on, I've become a stronger and stronger reader, and I know that it all came from my reading that summer.

Comments

Popular Posts