Behind Closed Doors reading response

        The book I am reading is called Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris. I have been reading this book all week and I still don't really know what the plot is. When I got it the summary on the back of the book was very vauge. What I know so far is that this couple is picture perfect to other people but they arent what they seem. Grace, the wife seems to be kept on a very tight leash by her husband Jack. She doesnt seem to be able to leave the house much and she had to quit her job because he made her. The whole situation seems king of sketchy. The book switches between past and present. The "past" part of the book starts with Jack and Grace's whirlwind romance that lasted a span of six months before they got married. I like how the author switches between past and present because it helps give context for what is happening in the present part of the book.

        The character development in this book is kind of nonexistant. The reader has no idea what the deal is with anyone. All we know is that Grace has a sister with down syndrome who she cares for very deeply. Her sister Millie is her main priority because she is supposed to move in with Jack and Grace after she finishes her school. It is a frustrating book to read because the reader has not much idea about the characters. I do not know if I am going to keep reading this book.

Comments

Popular Posts